Due to neutral and callous attitude by the government, we are compelled to take the path of agitation once again since New Pension Scheme is creating a feeling of insecurity among the teachers and other state employees.
In our phase -3 of agitation for revival of old pension from block level and above in 25 state affiliates have started on 23 November 2019 and moving to national level.
In New Delhi a “Relay Strike” from 21st to 27th February 2020 in front of Parliament has been planned. During the Relay Strike, teachers from members’ affiliate will be protesting every day from 21 to 26th February 2020.
AIPTF has planned a mass rally on 27th February 2020 in which approximately 10,000 or more teachers are expected to arrive at the capital city to raise the demands.
Our demands are:
- Revival of Old Pension Scheme with immediate effect;
- All the contractual teachers working under different nomenclature like ShikshaMitra/GanaShikshak/NiyojitShikshak etc. should be regularised before 31st March 2021 and uniformity should be maintained in their salaries;
- Strengthen elementary education and ensure participation of Teachers’ organisations while finalising the National Education Policy 2019 to remove anti-teachers’ provisions;
- Remove the anomalies of Sixth Central Pay Commission and implement the recommendations of Seventh Central Pay Commission with effect from 1 January 2016 for the primary teachers throughout the country uniformly
- Teachers’ Eligibility Test throughout India should be conducted before the professional training
We appeal to like-minded organizations and colleagues to extend their support to our demands.